Thursday, May 7, 2009

India.Arie's workout plan



Before Michelle Obama made toned arms fashionable for black women, neo-soul singer India.Arie rocked fit biceps and a nice back. I caught up with Arie before her performance at Amos' Southend on Wednesday to talk about her physique.

Arie said it's all genetics. Her father was a professional athlete and her mother was a college athlete.

"My legs, my back, my arms are parts of my body that are always toned," she said. "My stomach is not."

What does she do for her abs?

"Nothing."


Arie said she works out to relieve stress more than for fitness. She said she runs occasionally in Atlanta, and also does yoga and Qigong, which is similar to Tai-Chi.

(Arie performed before a sold-out crowd at Amos'. Her new album is "Testimony: Vol. 2, Love & Politics." She stopped by V101.9 and talked with Chirl Girl before her performance.)

No comments:

Post a Comment