Monday, May 4, 2009

Cardio kills Carlton

Operation Bootcamp Day 5


Going into his second week of Operation Bootcamp, Carlton Hargro has learned something about himself.

He can hold his own doing push ups and calisthenics, but he said "Once we start running, it's over."

Today's workout was called Centipede. It's a follow-the-leader drill with stairs, hills, box drills and strength stations (planks, push ups, sit ups, dips etc.), said bootcamp leader Christen Lewis. She said it was a fairly high-intensity cardio workout with elevation changes -- stairs and hills -- to make it harder.

Carlton's take?

"Today was rough."

Carlton said was in bed by 10 p.m. Sunday so he could get ahead of the game, but this morning "they wore me out."


And he's okay with that.

"I’ve resigned myself to the fact that I’m going out there. I’m going to be really tired. It’s going to hurt," he said. "There's going to be stuff I don't want to do."

His date with Banana Republic makes it worth it.

1 comment:

  1. Shouldn't the title of this post be "Carlton Loves Cardio?" :)

    I can't wait to see Carlton sporting a stylin' new outfit from BR. Rock on!!

    ReplyDelete