Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Catching up with Carlton

I'm back from a week and a half of dranking, eating and hanging with the family. I was in the DMV for a family reunion and some good ol' mom's cooking. Now, I'm paying the price. Although, I worked out my usual five days a week, I still picked up some poundage.

This morning I dragged myself out of bed at 5:30 a.m. for Operation Bootcamp at Latta Park. There will be one additional free camp at the park on Thursday. Workouts start promptly at 5:45 a.m. The next paid session begins Monday. The slots are filling fast.

On Wednesday, I'm trying Jennah Hardy's Strive For Life bootcamp in South Charlotte. I'll let you know what I think.

Speaking of bootcamps, I finally caught up with Creative Loafing editor Carlton Hargro. We had lunch last week and he filled me in on life after Operation Bootcamp.

Yes! He's still working out. He said it hasn't been easy working out on the treadmill.

"I'm try to get that intensity like my chest is going to explode," he said. "It's tough, I cannot get a good workout."

Carlton said he works out four days a week. His attitude is better and he feels more energized.

I'm trying to convince him to run a 5K with me. We'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment