Tuesday, April 28, 2009

"Yesterday was nothing"

Operation Bootcamp Day 2


Carlton Hargro was feeling pretty good after his first day at Operation Bootcamp at Latta Park. On Monday, he jogged/walked a mile in 11 minutes, completed 26 pushups and 26 bench dips, and he didn't do too bad on the crunches.

Monday was the fitness test. Today was the real workout.

"Yesterday was nothing," he said. "Today was out of control. The only thing that kept me going was my pride. I can't think of the last time I was that tired and in pain."

Was he tempted to quit?

"I would never quit something like this," he said. "Me and a bunch of women, what would I look like quitting?"

Carlton said they probably did 100 pushups today. The group did calisthenic circuits. At the end of each exercise, such as leap frogs, they did pushups, squat-jacks ( squat/jumping jack combo) or crunches.

"I am never going to get this out of shape in my life," he said. "It was horrible."

Carlton was so exhausted and in so much pain push ups felt good -- push ups.

"The feeling I have today is the reason I don't want to work out. It's so painful. It's not fun, but this is what I have to do," he said. "Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if I didn't sit on my couch and drink Newcastles for five years."

No comments:

Post a Comment