Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Eat more, lose weight

The centerpiece to many fitness plans is a healthy diet. In Operation Bootcamp, Carlton Hargro is learning that changing his eating habits can be as hard as the working out.

The eating plan for Operation Bootcamp is like many others. Eat six small, healthy meals a day.

On Monday, Carlton ate cereal for breakfast, a salad with grilled chicken for lunch and two servings of yogart. He said he found himself eating at 10 p.m. trying to fit in all of his meals.

"I ate like two big meals a day (before)," he said. "My lunch sometimes was gigantic. Dinner would be gigantic and then I might have some beer or wine. There's no way I can do this with beers on my stomach."

I suggested he try Men's Health Belly Off eating plan, which allows for one beer at dinner. I used it - with liberal substitutions - and the entire Belly Off workout to lose weight after years of drinking caught up to me. The site even has a printable shopping list and recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment